A lemon diet is an option that can be done for a few days and is always under medical supervision.
A lemon diet is an option that can be done for a few days and is always under medical supervision. This product helps to purify our body and can encourage us to lose weight but it can also have a rebound effect and even damage our digestive system.
This is advised in Better with Health, which suggests not extending the lemon diet for more than five days. “Something that we must bear in mind is that not all bodies are the same,” the publication recalls, in which it is warned that before starting the
In this diet, tea with lemon is taken as a mid-morning snack and snack. Also, an orange at mid-morning and mid-afternoon. At lunch and dinner, two glasses of lemon juice diluted in water are drunk.
Here are the detail per day:
- Day 1: Throughout the day drink lemon juice diluted in water. For lunch and dinner, eat cooked vegetables such as chard, spinach, turnips, carrots, squash, and zucchini.
- Day 2: Big plate of carrot, tomato, and watercress salad for lunch; plus two pineapple slices. For dinner, a medium portion of brown rice with a hard-boiled egg and a pear.
- Day 3: Have a sliced tomato with lemon, salt, and olive oil for lunch. Of fruit, an apple. For dinner, have a serving of pumpkin puree with lettuce and tomato salad. Also, a serving of strawberries.
- Day 4: Have an aubergine salad and two pineapple slices for lunch. For dinner, your option is zucchini stuffed with brown rice and cheese, carrot puree, and a pear.
- Day 5: For the last day, have lettuce, tomato, and cucumber salad for lunch; also an apple. Dine on spinach gratin and two lemon wedges.
“You must remember that, in addition to this diet, you must change your lifestyle habits and begin to exercise more regularly (for example, walking for 30 minutes a day)”, it is recommended in the publication.
If you exercise, you can opt for strength exercises to increase muscle mass and meet basic nutrient needs. Also, cardiovascular activity. And always remember to maintain healthy habits.